Rent Assistance

Utilice el Traductor de Google para ver esta información en español seleccionando el botón "translate" en la esquina inferior derecha. 


If you are interested in applying for assistance to pay your rent or utilities, you may qualify for help from Lane County.


This funding is from the Department of Treasury and was approved in the American Rescue Plan. Lane County has access to funds directly and through the State of Oregon. If you received Rent Relief from a different program before, you may be eligible to receive these Treasury funds.


All applicants will have a confirmation letter emailed or mailed to them upon completing the application. This may be used as proof of application if necessary. 


First, see if you meet the minimum eligibility:

  • You are a renter within Lane County
  • You have lost income or had increased expenses related to COVID-19
  • You are behind on your rent or utilities or need help to pay these next month
  •  Your income is below 80% AMI. For example, if you live alone, the maximum you could make and be considered under 80% AMI is $3,325 a month. For each additional person living with you, add $475 to the income limit. If you’re not sure if you meet the income requirement, please give us a call at (541) 682-3776 Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m


 About Lane County Rent Assistance Programs

Anyone meeting the requirements of this program is encouraged to apply. Applicants will not be asked about their citizenship, nor will they be required to show proof of citizenship. Please only apply to one of the programs below. 

Lane County Rent and Utility Assistance

Applications are now open though the Emergency Rent Relief of Lane County (ERRLC).


State of Oregon Rent and Utility Assistance

State OERA program is also taking applications for the same fundingClick here to apply for the State of Oregon OERA Program. Please allow 20-30 minutes to complete the application.

Subscribe to Rent Assistance Updates

Documentation Checklist

Applicant must provide verification of identity with the following documentation order of preference:


First Preference (Government Issued Photo ID)

  • Driver's license or ID card issued by federal, state, or local government agencies or entities, or issued by other, foreign government entity
  •  U.S. or Foreign Passport, or Passport Card
  • Native Tribal card or ID
  • Government Employee Photo ID card or badge
  • U.S. Military ID
  • U.S. Permanent Resident Card


Second Preference (Non-Photo ID or Non-government issued Photo ID)*

  • Social Security Card
  •  Voter Registration Card
  • Birth Certificate
  • Non-government employee Photo ID card or badge
  • School or University ID with a photo
  • Benefits letter(s) for SSI, SSDI, etc.
  • Medicaid or other Healthcare card


Third Preference (Third Party Verification)*

  • Utility bill in your name
  •  Credit card statement
  • Letter from Landlord, Employer, Other Entity confirming your Identity
  • Rental or Vehicle Insurance Card
  • Other non-photo forms of ID with name, date of birth, SSN, etc.


*Third Preference items will require at least two items be provided and agency must document attempts to obtain First or Secondary preference ID and reasons this was not able to be provided.


If the agency has a reason to believe an individual is providing false identification or is attempting to commit fraud, the application may be denied and the applicant will have an opportunity to appeal or file a grievance to have the denial reviewed in accordance with the agency's grievance policy.

General Documentation:

  • Completed application for Rent Assistance
  • A copy of current rental agreement or lease

Income documentation - Documentation of all income received in the past 30 days by adults in household that are not full-time students. This includes:

  • Documentation of earned income (examples: pay stubs, profit and loss statement if self-employed)
  • Benefit award letters for unearned income (examples: current year social security letter, pension letter, unemployment, cash assistance, etc...)
  • Documentation of all State funds received related to COVID-19
  • Documentation of all Federal funds received related to COVID-19
  • Documentation of all other funds received related to COVID-19
  • Loss of income documentation (i.e. Unemployment documentation, pink slip/layoff notice, documented conversations with employer, etc.)
  • If income statements are not available for 30 days prior to the assessment, applicant must self-certify the previous 30 days of income.


Housing Status Documentation:

  • If Household is at Imminent Risk of Homelessness or Unstably Housed
    • Written documentation from landlord of past due rent
    • Written documentation from landlord of risk of eviction after moratorium is lifted
  • If Household is Literally Homeless
    • Third Party Certification of Homelessness
    • If unable to get third party certification, Self-certification of Homelessness is allowable
  • If Household is Fleeing Domestic Violence
    • Indicate on Program Application

 Additional Documentation

  • All payments require a W-9 to be completed for the party receiving the payment. If you are unsure if your landlord, utility company, etc. already has a W-9 on file, please contact the access agency you are applying through directly.
  • Rental Payments
    • Written notice from landlord showing unpaid rent balance
  • Utility Payments
    • Written notice from Utility company showing unpaid balance

Partner Agencies

Lane County is working with multiple nonprofit partner agencies to process applications as quickly as we can. Your application may be referred to one of the following agencies for processing. 

Catholic Community Services
Centro Latino Americano
Community Sharing Program
Siuslaw Outreach Services
St. Vincent de Paul First Place Family Center
Looking Glass
Homes for Good

For questions, call Lane County Rent Assistance at 541-682-3776 or email 




Utilice el Traductor de Google para ver esta información en español seleccionando el botón "translate" en la esquina inferior derecha. 

To increase or decrease the font size on this website, click the A- or the A+ in the upper right corner.

To request accommodations due to a disability, you may call us at (541) 682-3776 or send us an email to with the title “Accommodation Request.” 

To view this information in another language, select the “translate” button in the lower right corner. 

Utilice el Traductor de Google para ver esta información en español seleccionando el botón "translate" en la esquina inferior derecha. 

Additional Resources

We recognize that COVID-19 has created huge disruptions in all of our lives and we know that that many people in our community are experiencing reduced income, as well as health concerns. The need for financial assistance is great and we are working diligently to help as many people as swiftly as possible.

Oregon Law Center/Lane County Legal Aid
Legal advice regarding evictions, landlord/tenant disputes, expungements, domestic violence, immigration, etc. 
If you have legal questions about eviction, inability to pay rent, or landlord practices, and would like Oregon Law Center to contact you, please fill out this form: Call (541-485-1017) and apply over the phone. Intake staff will call you back and interview for eligibility and follow-up.
Springfield Eugene Tenant Association (SETA):

The Springfield Eugene Tenant Association is a tenant-based public service organization dedicated to renters' rights and interests. Their free hotline is available to any renter who has a question or concern regarding their tenancy: 541-972-3715. 

Oregon Law Help:


Local service provider White Bird Clinic has compiled a comprehensive social services directory available here:


There may be other assistance in the community for which you qualify. Please check the Lane County COVID-19 Long-Term Recovery webpage for updates regarding rent and energy assistance programs.

There may be other programs for which you may be eligible.  You may check for more information. 

State of Oregon Landlord Compensation Fund

The third round of the Landlord Compensation Fund closed June 18th, 2021.

For more information about the Eviction Moratorium, visit Oregon Law Help's website.


Following Department of Treasury guidance, Lane County Rent Assistance Programs will prioritize applicants with the lowest income, highest amount of rent owed, and who have been unemployed 90 days or longer. Those who have suffered the negative effects from the 2020 Wildfires will also receive prioritization.

Income Limits for Rent Assistance

Income limits for Rent Assistance

Number of people in household

Maximum total monthly household income
(80% Area Median Income)

Maximum annual income for household
(80% Area Median Income)