Absentee Ballot

Who may apply for an absentee ballot?

Any registered voter who, on the day of the election, will be away from their home residence. By law, the post office cannot forward ballots. An absentee ballot request is required for a voter to receive a ballot at a different address.

Military and overseas voters:

If you are serving in the Armed Forces, the Merchant Marines or are living outside of the United States, you must fill out a Federal Absentee Ballot Request - Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). By providing your military or overseas address on the federal post card application, your ballot will be mailed to you 45 days prior to the election.  

Federal absentee ballot application
For military and overseas voters

When can I apply for an absentee ballot?

You may apply for an absentee ballot at any time. Be sure to allow enough time for the ballot to be delivered to you, voted, and returned by 8 p.m.  on Election Day. Postmarks do not count.

How do I apply for an absentee ballot?

You may request an absentee ballot from Lane County Elections by completing and returning the Absentee Ballot Request Form using the
absentee ballot application.

You may also request an absentee ballot by providing the following information to Lane County Elections, in person, by mail, fax, or email:  

·  Your name;

·  Your date of birth; 

·  Your Lane County residence address;

·  Your mailing address (if different from residence); 

·  The address to which the absentee ballot should be mailed;

·  When you will be leaving Lane County; and

·  When you expect to return. 

It is helpful to include a telephone number and email address with your request.

If you have questions about this process, please call the elections office for more information.

COVID-19 (Coronavirus) -

The latest updates and information (también en español)